Beverly Hills Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon
My mission is to help you look and feel healthy, happy and youthful. To accomplish this, it takes more than just surgical skills - it takes having an eye, an imagination, and compassion. Your satisfaction is my reward; therefore, my full attention is yours, and I am committed to making you feel comfortable during this transformation. With this philosophy, along with my expert staff, I hope to make your plastic surgery endeavor a safe, comfortable, and successful experience.
Safety of Plastic Surgery
Safety First: Choosing the Physician Who Is
Right For You
Breast Augmentation Los Angeles
Breast augmentation has become, if not the most popular, at least one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures sought in Beverly Hills. In fact, the popularity of breast implant surgery has moved beyond Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Southern California, to the rest of the United States. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), in 2003 nearly 255,000 women in the United States underwent breast augmentation; nearly twice the number performed in 1998.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Visit any gym in Los Angeles these days, and you’ll see so many women with beautifully proportioned bodies! Having a lovely body and full breasts is no longer a luxury that is limited to celebrities. Thanks to cosmetic surgery, and advances in Breast Augmentation and Enhancement, all women can now enjoy fuller and sexier breasts.
Why do women seek breast augmentation?
- Some women never developed normal shaped, or normal sized, breasts as the rest of their body matured. Frustrated with the lack of results from breast enlargement firming creams, pills, exercises, or machines, these women turn to breast augmentation surgery to achieve the proportional figure that they had always desired.
- Other women were unfortunately born with abnormal or asymmetrical breast deformities such as Poland’s Syndrome, which results from the failure of breast gland and pectoral chest muscles to development on one side. Similarly, others were afflicted with tubular or tuberous breast deformity which causes the constriction and narrowing of the base of the breast along with the enlargement of the areola. Breast implants and breast augmentation surgery has been able to give these women normal-looking and beautiful breasts.
- Many women have lost breast volume, fullness, and shape with pregnancy, breastfeeding and nursing. While happy with being blessed with childbirth, these women feel that in return they have lost their youthful appearing breasts. These fashion-conscious women of Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and Hollywood have sought breast augmentation as a means of regaining their proportional figure, so once again they can fit into form-fitting tops, bras, and other clothes.
- Obesity afflicts 65 percent of all adults in the United States, according to the National Institute of Health (NIH). Bariatric or Gastric Bypass surgery has become a very popular treatment for morbid obesity. After such massive weight loss surgery, women lose significant breast volume and are left with empty and sagging breasts. Breast augmentation along with breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, has been the answer for those women who seek to regain a normal figure and breasts after massive weight loss.
- Breast Augmentation with breast implants has been a viable and safe option for breast reconstruction, which is done on many women who have lost their breasts to breast cancer. Breast Reconstruction with breast implants utilizes breast implant expanders to first enlarge the breast skin envelope before the final saline or silicone breast implant is placed.
If you have a desire to undergo breast augmentation or "augmentation mammoplasty," contact our Southern California- Los Angeles office today for a complimentary consultation. We are located minutes away from Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Westwood, North Hollywood, Pasadena, and Glendale; and in proximity to Sherman Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, and Calabasas.
Prospective breast augmentation patients want to know if they can now receive silicone gel-filled breast implants, and if so, what types of silicone breast implants are available? And what are the potential adverse effects or concerns?
Candidates for Silicone Breast Implants
- Only women of 22 years of age and older can have silicone breast implants for breast augmentation or enlargement.
- Women of all ages can now qualify to have silicone implants for breast reconstruction.
What are the different types of silicone breast implants available?
Both Mentor and Allergan manufacture a variety of silicone breast implants. Mentor produces silicone implants of different firmness depending on the degree of silicone cohesiveness. The so-called "gummy bear" implants are the more cohesive silicone gel-filled breast implants made of firmer silicone gel filler to help maintain the shape of the implant.
In the Mentor and Allergan core studies, the most frequent complication was re-operation (additional surgery) – 25-35 percent. Capsular contracture or hardening of the breast implants (13-17 percent) was another frequent complication. Additional common complications include implant removal (7-10 percent), breast pain (7-8 percent), nipple sensation changes (1.5 percent), rupture (2.7- 4 percent), and asymmetry (3-5 percent). The complication rates were typically higher for revision surgery than for primary (first-time) implants.
What are saline breast implants used for?
Saline breast implants are medical prostheses, which are used by cosmetic plastic surgeons for breast augmentation, enlargement, or reconstruction. The use of breast implants to increase breast size and to improve its shape is very common, not only in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, but also throughout California and the rest of the United States. Aside from their use for enlargement of breast size, breast implants are also used to correct congenital or acquired breast deformities, such as tubular breasts, Poland’s Syndrome, breast asymmetry, breast ptosis or sagging, and finally for breast reconstruction after breast cancer surgery.
What are the costs of saline and silicone breast implants?
Breast implants are restricted medical devices that are not for sale to the public. Saline breast implants cost approximately $1,500 to $2,500 for a pair, depending on their texture, shape, and profile. Silicone breast implants are usually at least $2,000 more expensive than saline breast implants. This translates into an overall cost of $5,300 to $8,000 for saline implant breast augmentation surgery, depending on if you have it done in Los Angeles or Beverly Hills. This price usually includes the costs of the surgery facility fee, anesthesiologist’s fee, surgeon’s fee, implants and warranties, and follow-ups. It does not include financing or credit card fees, or the cost of revision surgery.
Do Implants Make Noises Like Sloshing, Squeaking, etc.?
These noises are common during the first few days after surgery. Air in the pocket causes these types of noises, but they will dissipate anywhere from a few days to a few weeks post-op. Sloshing may also be the result of an under-filled implant. For example, if you have a Mentor 300cc implant, Mentor recommends that the implant be filled to at least 300cc, and no more than 325cc. If the implant is filled to, say, 275cc, you may get a sloshing effect. Thankfully, the vast majority of doctors fill the implant to the minimum manufacturer recommendation, at the very least. Overfilling the implant seems more common than is under-filling them.
Read some of Dr. Younai’s answers to common Breast Augmentation questions.
BODY / TRUNK